Monday 15 July 2019

Why to shed tears, why to wait ?



From d’ rear seat, child asked,

in irked tone, how much further?

“Not too far now”, mom replied,

and assured her not to bother

"How long to wait dear mom,

it's ten or fifteen minutes later?"

mom gave a silent look at him,

not a word she wished to utter

Ought to accept mom’s words

yet must ascertain true or a lie

time passed in minutes- hours,

the credibility who will certify?

“I’ll pick you up in the evening,

on my way back from college”

when evening starts, who knows

in an hour or two, no knowledge

At 06.30 PM or after midnight,

or on an evening few days later

Wait, how long to be prolonged

is it an evening after few years?

Words given, commitments made,

never comes d’ awaited moment

eyes deny to blink, look with hope

chose not to grumble, stay silent





He sternly promised to pay me

enough fund to build my house

once receives some spare cash,

for welfare of my kids & spouse

D’ assurance, word for a charity,

be proclaimed a broken promise

after how much endurance, wait,

a year or a year after his demise

If no control on the eventualities,

what ought to happen will happen

why to tolerate d’ pain for a luck

why wait for all those uncertain





I prayed for ample things in life

only a few desires got sanctioned

realised it’s not God who gave me

but it’s my sincere imposed action

For a prudent desire if I implore,

is there a chance, that it’ll happen

if God only gives, I’ve no control

can I achieve, if I take no action

It is His wish, His sole decision,

afar influence, I can’t manipulate

outcome’s with him, keep doing,

why to shed tears, why to wait ?

0 comments:

Post a Comment