Monday 23 May 2011

Function of Gall Bladder - GOK



 My patient,
called to my chamber
for counselling
prior to the surgery, 
a brief idea is being given
My PG with me, talked
on gall bladder removal,
a fairly easy measure, 
need not be panicky at all
Nothing  substantial,
a tiny cut in upper midline
or on the right
underneath d' costal margin
Single artery, cystic artery
and single cystic duct
steadily defined with care
then clip clip cut
and clip clip cut
From the liver bed,
uncouple d' gall bladder
and in minimal time
surgery is over
Job done with li'l effort, 
if well versed in Anatomy
Pandora's box's now shut
to give back an intact tummy

For Lap chole need to make
four key holes
and d' procedure performed
to achieve d' same goal 


 One is not enough!
wish to dig four holes
in my tummy!
in the name of 
lap cholecystectomy

 True other options exist,
SILS, Robotics and NOTES
d' facility we can extend,
that only I'll discuss  

Exchanged a smile with her
and then meekly I told
"It's a number of pebbles,
in gall bladder, U hold
I ought to remove it,
opening your tummy
In medical language
it's cholecystectomy"
She behaved quite smart,
several questions she asked
Why not a nick in gall bladder
& suture it after stone ouster?"
I explained, "gall bladder,
d’ stone fabricating unit 
stones reform,
if we won't remove it"

"Sir, is that d' final decision?
then after d’ surgery
rest of my life I'll be,
 a no gall bladder person!
Then sir, how do I survive?
perform my routine activities!"
"Without slightest trouble
you'll have normal longevity"

"So, one can live
without a gall bladder,
and absolutely,
 no problem however"
"Yeah, bile flows
from liver to foregut,
for fat emulsification
Watery bile's enough,
no need of dense bile,
 for oil & fat digestion
 hope you got it,
it's just a simple equation

"Then sir,
why d' organ was created,
and what’s its function?"

My annoyance hinted me,
 to give her no more chance
to strip my shallowness,
and expose my ignorance 

"Enough gallbladders,
you’ve removed
a renowned surgeon
but sans d’ knowledge of 
gallbladder function!

If surgeons unaware,
then who knows it?"
I screamed–"damn it !
please be quiet
Counselling over,
go back to your bed
Don’t devour my head"

"OK sir,
even if no one knows
go ahead-
open, explore, cut, mend
whatever you intend
I offer my tummy in your hand
U enjoy full freedom,
I’ve no objection
even if, its a fact unknown

My dear,
of course it’s known
Known to someone,
that someone,
who created d' organ,
Almighty God,
God only knows (GOK) 

4 comments:

sona said...

Now we understand why your surgery is cosmetic cum curative because your poetry n surgery moulded in to one

j s kishore said...

nice one sir.

Unknown said...

simply superb sir !!

Unknown said...

excellent poem sir .In a nutshell you told everything about gallblader .

Post a Comment