Monday 25 November 2019

Can face umpteen falls move-ups


If wheels static at traffic post,

go ahead green light not yet on

we push through the still rush,

on d' look out for a kind person



I firmly grab my daughter’s hand,

dragged down to persuade a patron

often gently rolls down a window,

to give an amount as per intention



Back home in empty hand, a pity,

wish to end life, feel humiliated

but kids cling to me, fall asleep,

I rethink, being alive is not bad



Able to buy a new frock salwar,

rejoiced, I’m a fortunate father

at least after a couple of years,

could afford it for my daughter



After a long span had a feeling,

I am no more a wretched beggar

attires tattered, asking for alms,

yet a king, princess my daughter


                                                             
Counted d' notes in turn at home,

it’s sixty pieces got assured fully

few five rupee notes were stained,

dirty, crumpled, folded unevenly



D’ salesman gave a dubious look

at both of us, me and my daughter

I tried to be polite, to make a deal,

she pulled me to leave the counter



I consoled d’ sad teary-eyed girl,

we’re buying dress, not stealing

it is none of his business to ask,

can opt for one, it’s our savings



I’ll reply the queries in his look,

he ought to listen to this disable

wiped off her tear, and narrated,

d’ terrible event, so unbelievable


That fateful night it just occurred,

coaches jumped d’ track, capsized

bogeys collapsed, lot of casualties,

I was in a Hospital bed, I survived



Incredibly alive, with a lost limb,

right arm wrapped in dressings

I came out of shock, recuperated,

she nursed, gave regular feedings



Rejuvenated by warmth of love,

wept off her tears with one hand

roamed around with my little girl,

can forego my earnings for today



Borrowed mobile from a friend,

for a selfie with her new dress on

to capture the moment of her joy,

had no photographs of her own



I routinely stretch my hand for alms

she waits in signal, keeps head down

now looks fantastic in her new dress,

elated to see, prettiest girl of d’ town



Buy vegetables, talk our dreams,

way back home from d’ market

to accept d’ life as it approaches,

if it drizzles, we love to get wet



Not able to send her to school,

can’t manage d’ school spends

some day can have our mobile,

take photos of family & friends



I’m not left alone in road jams,

scared of one more accident

this time it may not be a limb

may loose my life in d’ event



I am born to stand out upright,

life’s full of varied screw-ups

loss of a limb can’t be the end,

can face umpteen falls move-ups




0 comments:

Post a Comment