Wednesday 19 September 2012

Prompt paragon gone




 I feel helpless, my maid gone,
d’ little lass, a prompt paragon
 rescued me surely, abetted a lot,
to cut vegetables, grate coconut
Impeccably works, kneads flour,
neatly sweeps, swabs d’ floor
Gads about, errands of stores,
to post my mails, copy papers
With alacrity makes a jaunt,
at times a rare material hunt
A sparse pill from d' chemist,
 fetches groceries, as per list
New item arrival, keeps account,
 all alluring offers of discount
Buy of field fresh vegetables,
adept in bargain for eatables
A prompt paragon, hard to find
lucky to locate one of her kind


Approached me one morning,
fine and dandy was everything
With no preamble she spoke,
to my dismay, disaster struck
Muttered, I wish to quit & go”
no cause hinted, why to do so
Inadvertent remarks d’ reason?,
 salary truly low!, hike not done
Umbrage by neighbor’s harsh talk,
work tough, strenuous enough!
“Oh no! nothing such”, she said,
a smiling retort, meekly made
Each sphere, I tried to explore,
uncovered no convincing answer
Virtually baffled, no other go,
settled her salary, to let her go
No reluctance, no subtle loath,
 for a gratifying good will bonus
Also a heartfelt appreciation,
for all d’ good she had done
“Any damn time, wish to return,
obviously U're most welcome”
“I know it well”, she said smugly
Uttered d’ words, overconfidently
“U just amazing, so kind a master,
work for U, evidently a pleasure”
I fiercely felt, lost a valued treasure
d' abrupt retreat, a mystery for ever


Domestic help, an immediate need,
hard to find a replacement in deed
Fraught with frantic difficulties,
not many found interested in it
Various funny terms they laid,
wages meagre, timings unsuited,
No shopping request, no odd job,
leaves as per association’s norm
A movie allowance, a casual tips,
an ailment add, for Hospital bills
One wished to join, found me quiet
had lenient view, gauged my plight,
To exploit me, as if his birth right,
accepted him, no solution in sight
A blind uncle preferred to no uncle
At least one to put d' mesh, in order
 Appealed to chop onion for omelet
Lot of reluctance, lack of grace
inordinate delay, for d’ easy task,
I’m hesitant, any other job to ask
scattered d’ floor, with onion peels
for streaming eyes, needed a wipe 
  Knife's blunt, needs instant honing
"Get frozen pea packs, labor saving"
No shell of peas, need not kneed flour,
Me to tackle all, beseech him no more
 Events too gawky, I turned defensive,
with d' domestic help, life so pensive
No misspent of time, it’s so precious,
 must avail it, for productive purpose
More wage, less work, clement a deal,
it’s too tiresome, pushes me to peril
Sundry mental drills eagerly done,
 yet in oblivion, no precise solution
My wonder girl, my sweet little maid,
d’ prompt paragon gone, I’m deserted

0 comments:

Post a Comment