Sunday 24 December 2017

Slid down d’ slippery slope


My name's ...,it hardly matters

refer to name may seem silly

born in 1985 in d’ capital city,

in a generous family at Delhi



Daddy, a working executive,

mom use to take care of me

crossed d’ kindergarten age,

joined in best school at Delhi



I had some different persona,

in std-V, told my class teacher

the highest scorer in d’ class,

become a doctor or engineer



In std VII our coach naratted,

I will be a sports personality

excellent in cricket, football,

has all d’ sportsman quality



In std. X rightly got chosen,

for dance, drama in school

friends often use to gossip,

I’ll be a future matinee idol



Scored 93%, I took science,

passed from the best college

With 90% secured in std XII

proved my crisp knowledge



I received several advices,

to go for various fields hi fi

finally went for engineering,

got admiitted at IIT, Mumbai



Dad was utterly delighted,

but mom, little depressed

labored hard  for four years,

had friends from varied states



Enjoyed a lot with them all,

initial years scored good marks

In final year I did excellent

was successful in my tasks



Mates tried for job interviews,

I had a desire to go abroad

Dad told no worry for money

go ahead, don’t be disturbed



Got in to top university of UK,

had a life time experience

Did all those things in 2 yrs,

invited the entire nuisance



I use to watch in d’ movies,

long back in my college days

never dreamt of it in my life,

in such a devastating way



Easily got job in a top company

with a fat salary, unimaginable

parents thought of my marriage,

got enough proposals suitable



Got rejected in each of them,

one after d’ other faced disaster

don’t know what all happened

now nothing I exactly remember



Trying to lift my tired eye lids,

lying on a bed In d’ ICU ward

counting may be d’ last breaths,

in 3 yrs thing altered off guard



Only two things never altered,

In d’ speedily changing spree

yet dad a working executive,

now too, mom takes care of me





Slide down d’ slippery slope

0 comments:

Post a Comment