Sunday 17 May 2020

Only1% water and rest 99% feelings


In d’ study room, picked up a pen,

with right words, he tried to depict

ill luck on no occasion arrives alone,

brings unsought guests along with it


Last year, I faced an awful surgery,

had to sacrifice my only gall bladder

might appear as a miniature organ,

but for me an organ-loss of forever

Clamped down to bed for a week,

it's d' soreness at d' operation site

also d’ pinching Hospital expenses,

made my financial state too tight

Same year reached d’ age of 60 yrs,

superannuation raced heartthrobs

after 30 yrs in d’ publishing house,

had to be away from my favorite job


Edited hundreds of novels, poems,

suggested umpteen writing tricks

now pushed out of d’ creative world,

the farewell function rather pricks

Further adding to on-going distress,

my father passed away d’ same year

forced to manage the entire show,

and consoled the family members

The misfortune never ended there,

my son met with a road accident

failed to join his new appointment,

for not appearing the medical test
They kept his leg on traction, then

in rigid plaster for several weeks

the wreckage of my only vehicle,

another great loss made me sick


Passing through a terrible time,

d’ frightful period not getting over

lost d’ patience, unable to endure,

oh God, what a lousy traumatic year!
His wife casually entered d’ room,

found her husband too depressed

pondered in some different world,

lost in thoughts and appeared sad

Quietly stood right behind him,

read the content and left silently

he was not aware of her presence,

fully submerged in melancholy
Came with another paper in hand,

gently pulled d’ one from his desk

without his li’l knowledge, altered

d’ piece of his literary excellence

The trance phase got over soon,

eyelids parted, could see d’ paper

his name was noted on d’ top of it

narrating him as d’ famous author

The handwriting was different but

had an acquaintance, not unknown

read d’ entire stuff in a single breath,

with no eye lifts and no interruption
Last year, was a memorable year,

so many wonders did truly happen

I finally got rid of my gall bladder,

d’ buckled one had so many stones

Had to spend sleepless nights for it,

repeated hellish pain in the stomach

vomits, indigestion a routine feature,

no relief, medicines no more worked


I turned sixty with sound health,

retired from d' job with ample dignity

never looked like a retired person,

absolutely handsome, young and fit
Now enough scope to use my time,

with more focus and a lot of peace

can write something much better,

it’s my passion, I can never miss
Last year my father passed away,

died at the lofty age of 96 years

needed no support, no assistance,

with no critical illness met his Creator

a great blessing all together

Also this year….

God blessed my son with a new life,

my car got smashed I never mind

with limb fractures and some injuries,

he was alive, God was enough kind


Recouped with a larger lease of life,

with no disability, not disfigured

the delightful year passed so well,

with immense blessings of d’ God


An amazing interpretation of events,

may be routine but makes d’ life shaky

not d’ gaiety that makes us grateful,

but the gratefulness makes us happy

Lost in d’ stupefying lines,

recalled d’ comely handwriting

eyes flooded with d' precious fluid

made up of

only1% water, rest 99% feelings

0 comments:

Post a Comment