Saturday 19 November 2011

Tummy trim, my dream


Anytime I come across them,

 amusing chit-chats begin

my tummy, d' jocular topic,

ballooned up as a red pumpkin

Last few days, I could sense,

eatables I'm unable to restrict

chagrin changes in body shape,

ensued beyond estimable limits

Fascinated a lot by d' dishes,

as per the palatal recognition

alluring stuff in food plazas,

might be the prime reason!

opened up countless giant eateries

of KFC and McDonald

enjoyed ingesting tons of

saturated fat, varied chemicals

Body fabrics unalike earlier,

my built used to be wafer-thin

be blown away in d' wind's way,

few bones rolled in little skin

Now scared of transforming

in to some titanic teddy bear

get enlisted in bariatric guys,

 invariably hunts a chilly fear

Got shocked as I grasped

d' obesity-linked hazards

high pressure, shooting sugar,

stroke, as arteries turn hard

Heart attacks, blindness,

an awful urine infection

all weight-bearing joints,

steadily getting worn 

Last few months, my gut got

crammed with items various

Fowls, fish, meat, pork, crab,

seafood, forest creatures

Each surviving soul, if can

hover, swim, wander or crawl

my tummy now, an amicable

bottomless burial trench for all

I kept putting undue weight,

girth, grown inordinately

 my fitments seemed tight

mirror whispers, I look ugly

In an image-obsessed society,

I'm active despite weight gain

even if unfit, slim guys favored

in the anti-obesity campaigns

 Things further worsen,

whenever I arrive home

our kitchen, a giant unit of

yummy food production

Family's competent chef,

my multitalented mom

pantry, over-utilized for

luscious cuisine preparation

No entry for junk eatables,

only homemade fresh ones,

each item mouth-watering,

consumed in abundance

Relaxing life, no tension,

unruffled sleep, no disruption

fat genesis fosters fast,

favors for accumulation

 Fat depots in the body

get overloaded

as bus depots in Metros,

 on the strike days

Tummy the prime depot,

next in arm, thigh, buttock

no walk down to d' nearby office

for sedentary software work

D' Mumbai police slammed to be

 dull and lethargic,

yet I dream

one day my bulbous tummy,

might get trimmed

 

Pot-bellied Mumbai cops,

no zeal to chase d' culprits

tummy assessed periodically

a dismissal on exceeding d' limit

Odd working hours

unhealthy food on duty

the vada-pavs, hot jalebis

filthy roadside food of d' city

The beer expands d' belly,

they go crazy for it, turn unfit

so a pot belly image

law-enforcers can't erase it

A brisk walk daily cuts weight,

also jog, swim, cycle, skipping

no interest in those ventures,

tummy push-in drills vexing

Gym activities ignite hunger,

my efforts lost and in vain

know not how to turn slim,

dejected, and feel drained

 Respite is virtually invisible,

unwanted weight adds trouble

Surgery, d' only choice, I'm sure

Tummy trim, my dream,

 looks obscure


0 comments:

Post a Comment