Tuesday 6 August 2013

My nagging wife’s dual figure

                                                                                
                                         Woke up and

found one morning,

at d’ foot end of my bed,

two human figures standing

 Both resembling my wife,

in stature, gesture, posture

Identical get up,

silhouette and structure

 Amazing events often occur,

my wife had no twin sister

I deduced, it’s a bad dream,

phantom thoughts crumbling

At home she’s omnipresent,

instructs me all dos & don'ts 


 Claims, only perfect person,

can solve all things undone

Her popped up eyes,

analyzed my puzzled look

“What’s up?, disclose d’ truth”

Fact flowed from my lips

with abruptness

she concluded – a vertigo,

or giddiness

May be a surge of sugar,

or an elevated blood pressure,

Ought to consult doctor

I tried to ignore d’ episode,

but she in a reminding mode



                                                                                  
Not cared for my busy schedule

 my excuses unpalatable

Not convinced, I’m a doctor!,

“it’s a frivolous sign”, 

but not bothered

a checkup must for double vision

in queue lingered with a token

Before I start, she narrated

I see in doubles, triples, she detailed

Blood for starving, post food sugar,

a CT brain, to explore further

“it can wait”, I pleaded

my appeal, out rightly rejected

bent upon to waste, hard earn money,

 meant for geriatric spend if any

Followed entire protocol,

reports in normal range,

coolly balanced, stable

Saw d’ doctor again,

his valued voice tagged with a smile

told, “all o k, nothing abnormal”

an agonizing ordeal

but expected out comes,

I presumed agony over,

be back to sweet home

and happily leave ever after,

but she asked d’ doctor

“in brain, can it be a blunder”

Doctor received d’ signal

“seems no wrong, yet go for a MR”

to be cent percent sure

It added to my misery,

I felt too sorry

A hole drilled further,

 to depth of my pocket,

Told, "d' Hospital gadget,

now out of order,"

hinted a private scan centre

A casual suggestion,

for him an added source of income

Expenses not re-imbursible

from insurance cover,

compounded my horror

Hospitalization needed,

to get back spent sum,

 she pounced “admit him”

 Not allowed me to pullback,

her response prompt & quick

A genuine patient be deprived of bed

she's absolutely not worried


 To pick up a tussle with her,

absolutely absurd,

like wrestling with a pig in d’ mud

 MR requisition in hand,

as if her Doctoral degree paper

 I called d’ scan center

A sweet tone snugly told

In spite of bounty backlogs

your name not in hold

 accommodated noon tomorrow,

as a special case,

of d’ particular doctor

All patients told same way

even if a scarcity of customer

 loyal damsel at desk trained

to elate each caller

Next noon I walked there

noticed d' deserted center

paid a bounty bill,

worn a buffoon like attire


  Slid in to tunnel of horror, d’ MR,

Roaring sounds, flashing lights

revolved around me, next half an hour

D’ anguish over

 came out like a drunkard

for report collection, not eager

She asked d’ radiologist,

“any hump, bump, twist or turn

in his facile brain!”

Viewed plates against light, 

"a Neurologist we must visit"

Truth often turns in to a blunder

hefty penalty paid,no wonder,

for whims of nagging wife

realized d’ reality, for entire life

A sin to see her dual figure,

more over d’ disclosure

Forbidden to dream her again,

never in double or triple

not even as a sole soul

 If reappears in nightmare,

vouched not to reveal facts,

it costs a heavy toll




0 comments:

Post a Comment