Saturday 25 October 2014

If I was a kid again


Boarded time train,
but felt quite awkward,
Oh my good God!
in alacrity,
it sped backwards

Arrived in childhood days……
“wake up dear,
wash your face", mom says
A shower first,
then a brief break fast,
Put up school dress,
its time for school bus”
Papa waved good bye,
left for his office
I said a bye,
and by chance I noticed
thin hands, slim fingers, truly a kid
books in back pack,
water bottle, lunch box in deed

Back from school, asked mom,
“cooking something in kitchen,
for so long”
She queried, what do I wish
“Potato parathha or
grilled sandwich with sliced cheese
Would you like bread & butter,
or a chapati coriander egg roll
Get ready for tomorrow any way,
finish home work,
then permitted to play”
Studies d’ only urgent thing!,
lovely butterflies in garden,
 can’t I run behind
Won’t watch gutsy chicks,
 in hen’s custody
not to dance in rains,
nor to mumble a parody
Not to rive notebooks,
  make paper boats
and in water puddles,
 to make those float
Wish to urge the fairy,
 who meets me in tales,
to keep in steady touch,
and come, if I’m unwell
To look in to,
 wall mounted mirror,
d’ little girl in me,
 her facial gesture
Wish to spend more time with dad,
my dad, d’ best dad in the world
To be lifted out of sofa to his arms,
whisper in his ear, all my wants
Ceaseless  horns from times train,
a halt, through signal not given
Kidhood liberty at its abrupt end,
instantly back to,
prototype grown up days
A fast life,
a pack of stress and strain
strongly feel, if I was a kid again

1 comments:

Unknown said...

gud sir

Post a Comment