Tuesday 23 October 2018

I never know, don’t remember

I could never know

when I turned aged,

how did d’ time pass

In the race of life,

it steadily slipped out

as sand in an hourglass

Kids sitting on shoulders,

now grown up,

up to level of my shoulder

journey started

from a rented house

I never know, when I've

become a building owner
Gasping for breath then

to paddle a bicycle to office

I never know when

in my own car I started

enjoying long drives

Then I was evidently
a liability to my parents

now answerable to my children
I could never know
when things abysmally altered
how my accountability did happen

Era of sound sleep's over,

even during day time

now only sleepless nights

I could never know how

sleep trickily vanished 
from my tired eyes

Black money gatherers,

foe of the nation,

once I totally disliked

my accumulated wealth

I never know since when 
changed its hue from black to white

Once running from pillar to post

 for a respectable job,

couldn't pay attention

could never know

when so close came d' day

 of my superannuation

Then busy in earning, saving

for my kids, for d’ family

when the kids got so distant,

separated from me, 
know not

might be known to God only

I believed in full family once,

awaited support of each member

how lost their association

d' number reduced to only two

I never know, don’t remember


0 comments:

Post a Comment