Wednesday 9 June 2021

Life is short to wake up with regrets

 

Mom cooked food for us, I was a kid,

that night she had prepared d' dinner

we felt hungry but she was fatigued,

after a long hard day's work got over

 

She placed a plate of 'subzi' for dad,

with chapattis burnt to its extreme

I waited to watch papa's response,

he pulled d' plates, began devouring

 

About to start to eat his chapattis, he

asked me how was my day at school

can't recall what I told him that night,

dad finished his dinner, seemed cool

 

I heard Mom apologizing to Dad,

in a hustle, the chapattis got burnt

burnt chapattis my favorite Honey,

for me a catchy juncture to learn a lot

 

Later that night, I walked to his bed,

while to articulate him a good night

asked, if he really liked d' chapattis

ate d' burnt ones, no grumble/fight

 

He wrapped me in his arms and said

she put in a hard day at work today

looked lackluster and certainly tired,

what do we gain by bruising her gay

 

A burnt chapatti never hurts anyone,

but the harsh words will always do

life is full of imperfect situations and

imperfect people, I wish to remind u

 

I'm not d' best, also I'm not perfect,

nor all d' people near and dear to us

life is not perfect, do learn to accept

each other faults without much fuss

 

Relationships in fact are amply vital,

must choose occasions to celebrate

forgive and forget the flaws, errors,

life is short to wake up with regrets


0 comments:

Post a Comment