Saturday 2 August 2014

A dining in d’ dark


A little more of spice,
I feel a bit better
a cinnamon powder spatter,
or a sprinkle of cayenne pepper
A fabulous chili oil freshly made,
and mopped up with sliced bread
or drizzled over a steak,
arouse me from bed even if sick

A bowl of garlic prawn,
or ginger sauce splashed roasted chicken
d’ hypnotic aromas elevate my spirit,
 be it winter, summer or monsoon,
I’m least bothered for it

A satisfying spicy curry,
I enjoy to last shred, no hurry
If it’s mutton korma dish,
it’s for a sharing, alone can’t relish,
Call up friends, dine together,
option open, for hard drinks offer
Hot radish paratha,
chopped coriander leaf on top
served with butter chicken,
as gossip peaks up

Onion, ginger, garlic, chili paste
simmered a few minutes,
chopped tomatoes, dropped into it
added antioxidant, powdered turmeric,
 few cumin seeds, fresh curry leaves
Yoghurt an awesome combination
a little water put, lid shut,
a whiff in between done
Thick gravy seasoned with salt,
a good squeeze of lemon
 stirred thoroughly,
before adding chicken
Cooked through, for ten minutes,
ready, a luscious spicy chicken dish
transferred into a casserole, kept hot
till served to guests on d’ spot


I instructed my cook,
to give a vigilant look
extra ingredient if needed,
 inform me before hand
Menu as per my plan and taste,
pals to enjoy food to their best
Must roll their sleeves up,
till entire stuff ends, hurriedly gulp

Conclude with vanilla cream desert,
to please palate and heal d’ heart
If time comes to discuss good food,
our dinner to flash in memory,
evidently it would

Soft relaxing music, dim light,
a memorable night
An encouraging ambiance,
a tranquil dining experience
not to eat less, drink more,
so lovely food, not to ignore
eat slow, relish food, be in sense,
linger over your loaded plates
it’s no candle light dinner in a park
in my cozy home, a dining in d’ dark

0 comments:

Post a Comment