Saturday 25 June 2022

Laying d' futile doubts aside

 


The mother birdie pleaded

in an eager tone

if you permit,

build a nest in your trunk,

for refuge in d' rainy season

Rains are about to start,

kids need a secured shelter

until learn to fly around and,

not wait for their mother


I've to go in pursuit of food,

fly back, feed them in time

d' hungry young ones

not to cry for food,

to quiet them, my duty prime

To shed her winter coat,

d' deer even is inclined

to gift fur for my nest,

for a soft woolen lining 

 No faltering, shown by d' tree,

in an instant flatly refused

I entertain no such request,

in brief, it did conclude

On d' river bank li'l ahead,

stood one more tree

seemed to be light-hearted,

easy-going and carefree

The startled bird,

in woeful tone appealed

and not being stressed out

d' tree forthwith agreed

It happily built a nest there,

lived with its children

monsoon arrived soon,

and soon it started to rain

In heavy downpour one day,

the water level started to rise

d' trunk of d' 1st tree snapped,

next, it got uprooted,

a surreal surprise  

Infuriated river,

showed no compassion

ruthlessly dragged d' tree,

down towards the ocean

From its cozy nest,

d' bird saw d' tragic scene

d' forlorn tree flowed away,

in river's turbulent stream

Got d' occasion to taunt

you refused me, my family

turned down a paltry favor,

your denial looked so silly

As you sow, so you reap,

had no feeling for my kids

now rightly being punished,

for your coarse, cruel deed 



Softly smiled d' floating tree,

I knew my roots were weak

to defend myself, felt helpless

why put your kids' life at risk

I knew that this monsoon,

if ensues a ceaseless rain

for a feeble tree like me,

it won't be feasible to sustain

might appear strange to you,

but that's the fact, real

never meant that I didn't care,

do pardon me for d' denial 


Got towed away by d' current

while keenly explaining

flowed fast towards d' sea

next moment no more seen

A mere refusal,

for an honest valid reason

not counted as cruelty,

might turn to be a boon

Often it is hard to locate

d' positive facet of one's mind

unless explored minutely,

laying d' futile doubts aside

0 comments:

Post a Comment