Thursday 26 January 2017

A silent speech sans dialect



I did hear, a strange voice,
someone called from d' back
while waiting for school bus,
with lunch box and back pack

A lean boy’s juvenile voice,
appealed me for some help
truly annoying his gesture,
and his soiled, shabby dress

What exactly does he want,
I wonder, don’t understand
rather parents, d' right guys,
can extend him a helping hand
If I ask for any damn thing,
my parents never ever deny
“go home my dear little boy,
talk to your parents and try”

“I’m much younger than u,
and don’t have any parents
I’m all alone in this world,
live here in nearby streets”

Of course felt pity for him,
indeed not able to decide
how can I help d’ orphan,
this little helpless child

pointed a smudged finger,
towards my lunch box
“what do you have in it?”,
to know he was curious

Its d’ lunch box for school,
mom packs it with an item
yummy stuffs, but not sure,
today what she has given

Eyes glued to my lunch box,
and mouth filled with water
not very hard to make out,
the eager desire of d’ minor

“Can I have a little of that”,
the young lad whispered
had no food for last 2 days,
tummy cramps with hunger

Mind weighed d’ situation,
ruled hands, to open d’ pack
handed over d’ box to him,
to satisfy his stomachache
Blew horn, came school bus,
got in to bus, left lunch box,
couldn’t utter a single word,
silently saw his face joyous

In departing bus, I realized,
so many
ifs and buts in life of d’ kid
no parents to support him,
and to fulfill his basic needs
 His joy overflowing as smile,
a silent speech sans dialects
carved a gentle curve in lips,
to set his problems straight

0 comments:

Post a Comment