Sunday 1 November 2020

Lord gave a pleasant smile and left

Couched on a relaxing crib cot,

basking in the afternoon sun

in the backyard of our house,

an unwilling nap did happen

 

Casually opened d' inert eyes,

I found lord Krishna standing

wished him with folded hands,

asked if I could do something

 

Need a fit stick for a new flute,

this one already old, decayed

then he looked at d' lush green

bamboo bush in our backyard

 

Well, all won't make d' right tune,

must select one as per my choice

I politely conveyed, it's all yours,

select anyone, readily u can take

 

"How much to pay for such a stick?"

I got surprised with such a query

Mrs promptly retorted from inside,

gruffly, as if was in a great hurry

 

I've planted those, did d' watering,

taken right care, reared precisely

I ought to settle the price, no one

be allowed to speculate casually

 

I wished to signal her to be quiet,

to me willfully she never looked at

a smile flicked in Lord Krishna's lips,

hearing to such an amusing debate

 

She bowed down before the Lord,

not well todo must get d' right price

for d' commodity, to manage family

don't worry, I'll pay d' sum you wish

 

No sum, something else I'll ask for

sort out ideal one as per your need

Lord Krishna smiled a little and told,

ok, fulfil all term-conditions, agreed

 

Just for d' sake of a bamboo stick,

Lord Krishna has come on his own

how can you bargain a price for it,

I censured her in a hushed tone

 

He came back with a decent stick,

"Got perfect one I was looking for

my purpose's done, tell your wish,

I can grant it before my departure"

 

Won't tell now, shape d' flute first,

if only u can succeed in forging it

I'll be sure your purpose is solved,

divulge my wish, fulfil it as a treat

 

Just for a stick, can not go so low,

countless get spoiled each year

Lord needed one for a neat cause,

sense guilty for not able to spare

 

D' squabbling went on far ahead,

she argued," d' merit might get lost

if such a valuable instrument made

of d' objects, obtained free of cost"

 

With a brand new flute in his hand,

that looked majestic, too wonderful

God came back after two days, told

d' stick gave it a shape so beautiful

 

Surely looks like a flute, no doubt,

but did you try to blow it to assess

she almost put a challenge to him,

truly it works or it's just functionless

 

With a soft smile, he began to play,

can never forget such a brilliant site

I forgot myself, felt as if in d' heaven,

d' lovely feel won't be able to depict

 

Hands folded she knelt on d' floor,

his eyes focused on both of us

a tear trickled nonstop from eyes

it's an unthinkable state of affairs

 

If I played it right, then tear what for

now it is time for wish sanctioning

she fanned out d' end of her saree,

since you've promised, must keep it

 

If at all ego shrouds our mind and

turn us restless, force us to agitate

play a soft tune in d' flute to remind

Lord gave a pleasant smile and left


0 comments:

Post a Comment