Monday 22 March 2021

Besides You Forever

 

A little boy said to a dainty girl,

I laugh a li'l loud, cry a li'l less

and smile a lot more at d' end

as because I'm your BF dear,

BF!, what do u mean by that?

that means your best friend

 

Committed to each other,

spend time together

on a regular basis

d' young man told d' mousy girl,

I am your caring BF miss

d' girl leaned on his shoulder

shyly asked d' meaning

one day I'll be a husband

and you, my lovely wife

but now a mere boyfriend

 

It occurred as if a miracle,

they got married, a few yrs later

got blessed with a baby son

d' husband kidded his wife,

I am your BF, honey! do listen

wife mumbled to elaborate further

d' jovial hubby daringly declare

it's your Baby's father!

 

Age advanced, both turned older,

sat together in d' side portico

staring out at d' setting sun

I'm your BF for sure, honey

it's beyond doubt, he made fun

d' old lady gave a vacant smile,

furrows in forehead overplayed

Be Forever! d' mysterious words

d' joyful man amusingly replied

  

It's time to bid farewell to life,

little life left to spell out d' feeling

feeble lips flickered to pronounce

it's a good BF my darling

d' old lady gave a gloomy look,

waited enduringly for an answer

he responded, then closed his eyes

It's a good Bye Forever!

 

She too passed away a few days later

before closing her eyes insisted

to be carried to d' graveyard

nearby d' old man's grave

got an occasion to whisper

Hello dear, do you listen!

today I'm BYF, dear

Besides You Forever

0 comments:

Post a Comment