Saturday 3 April 2021

Can thank you once again

 

What made you most happy in life?

the Radio Jockey asked his guest

d' millionaire visitant got delighted

to reply, its an enlightening quest

 

I had been through four stages of

happiness, in own whole life span

confronted accurately, explored

the true happiness, to understand

 

Initially gathered plenty of wealth,

by all doable means, as if in a hurry

but after some period could realize,

d' effect of this was only temporary

 

On 1st stage couldn't get happiness,

next started to fetch valuable items

hoarding a high-risk, too ridiculous,

d' luster of valuables don't last long

 

In search of happiness altered way,

in 3rd stage tried to get big projects

bought football team, tourist resort,

yet didn't get the hoped happiness

 

Now the 4th time, a friend of mine,

to buy few wheelchairs he advised

I purchased those on his insistence,

in an orphanage for d' disabled kids

 

Compelled me to go along with him,

handover d' wheelchairs to d' needy

no welfare job was ever done earlier,

prepared me and got mentally ready

 

Handed over those in my own hands,

did see a strange glow of happiness

sparkling in their eyes and the face,

joy overflowing in d' body language

 

I saw them all sitting on the chairs,

and having fun and moving around

as if reached a pleasant picnic spot,

enjoying a trip of merry go round

 

One of the kids grabbed my legs,

while I began to leave that place

I gently attempted to free myself

but he strangely stared at my face

 

I bent down and asked the child,

tell me freely, need anything else?

his fearless reply just startled me,

and I derived immense happiness

 

Trying to etch your face in mind,

if ever we meet in heaven

I'll be able to recall you and

for your kind gesture,

can thank you once again

0 comments:

Post a Comment