Wednesday 22 April 2020

My fabulous planet, it's done


God felt relaxed and happy,

after a prolonged period

backlogs of prayer of d' devotees

finally able to clear

Kids:
"I wish we had no school,

and want to play all-day"

"A trifling wish, never mind,

I'll make you happy and gay"

God gave a gentle smile,

raised his palm in an instant

showed it to d' child, told,

"as you wish my boy, I grant"

"D' school shut, no more classes,

no hassles of homework

but mom permits no paper cutting craft,

gazes me like a hungry shark"

"Shouts at me not to hide d' remote,

not to get glued to Disney channel

she wants to surf d' tv every hour,

to watch d' corona bulletins in detail"
"Alleges, me making a mess of things,

who to clean it, in maid's absence

if I do it, I only have to make it tidy,

tortures her only child, has no sense"

"All d' while threatens to beat me,

has curbed my entire freedom

God, please open our school soon,

Ma'ms are much better than moms"
Women:
"Oh God, will u please sanction?

my husband's undivided attention"


God thought for a while,

gave a gentle smile, and told

"Ok, done"

No help in my household works,

enjoys movies on TV all day long

all my favored serials I've to miss,

as if  only to him the TV belongs

Since morning took tea five times,

no hesitation to ask for one more

how to manage a fulltime husband,

please see that d' lockdown is over

On the last day of the lockdown-1,

I prompted, next day offices will open

to triage office bag, charge d' laptop,

also, office dresses to wash and iron

Looked skywards, tried to recall,

what's my job, which office I work?

an administrator, a professional,

a supervisory job or simply a clerk?

My neighbor might listen to our talks,

what she will think, I feel awkward

do cancel the wish, lift d' lockdown

I'll accept it as your granted reward

Husbands:
Daily morning d' episode recurs,

a mad rush to the office

no rest, no time to breathe,

Oh God, I'm sick of this traffic
I wish I could work from home

God looked upwards a bit,

his forehead softly wrinkled,

finally concurred, I grant it


Just unable to work peacefully,

closed d' doors, office work is on

dislike muddling door beatings,

to outreach me, she calls on d' phone

Gone crazy to feed me in time,

my health her prime concern

food d' only aim in life,

Oh God, need no more rest,

fade up to stay at home

Old Parents:
Rather than being busy every day,

engaged even in d' weekend

I wish our kids, get long holidays,

quality time with us they can spend


God laughed nonstop,
tough to be envisioned

yet looked little worried, 

 told, "your wish sanctioned"
Granny, grandpa do listen, 

for aged people, we must worry
PM told in his speech,
due care of them is mandatory

Come here, I'll teach you,

how to sanitize your hands

The tricks with liquid soap, 

and d' sanitizing liquid washes


How to put on the face mask,

as we put on undergarments,

for the hidden parts

d' face is added to the list

from now on, hide it with a mask
Earth:
Oh God, you assigned me,

clean air, clear water, blue sky

with your carving skill eloquent

made me the most 

lovable, livable, decent planet

Now I feel suffocated, restless

my water contaminated,

air polluted, u must keep a check

no more pleasant, too chaotic,

I wish I could get a break
God looked serene, passionate

pondered for careful consideration

and pronounced in a lucid voice

"my fabulous planet, it's done"

0 comments:

Post a Comment