Monday 21 December 2020

Swear not to nag, never hound

Pillows on bed spick and span,

undisturbed the bed covers

but the beds worryingly empty,

not seen any signs of a brawl

 

Cupboards carry few pieces of cloth,

left only a faint smell of perfumes

their unique essence, all different

inhale it to heal my heart, I assume

 

Now I remember their mischiefs,

giggling, wailing tone, d' pretense

had the memory of their laughter,

d' hurried warm hugs, I could sense

 

Everything seems in place, no litters

no paper planes scattered on d' floor

d' calmness pinching to d' extreme,

home now a desert with no life at all

 

Swear on God, not to be annoyed,

about their mess not to discuss

every time the kids come to visit,

they spend a little time with us

 

When they are ready to leave,

casually start to pull their bags

they tug my heart along with it,

feel grim, as if I'll lose my sense

 

They closed d' door behind them,

and then I stood still, kept mum

recalled, several times I shouted

at them, not to keep d' doors open

 

I'm today closing my own doors,

nobody tries, opens it besides me

each has gone to a different city,

or might be to a far off country

 

Left to find their own path in life,

Oh! God pl. do take care of them

wherever they might be present,

be secured, and fit all my children

  

You, their guide and protector,

keep them shielded ever, safe

kids at this stage, sweet to talk to

provide me enough scope always

to cherish and enjoy it with joy,

should arrive often, stay around

not to leave d' home for only me,

swear not to nag, never hound

  

0 comments:

Post a Comment